A group of friends from my church in
Woodway are Social Work majors and just completed a project with the Preemptive Love Coalition. This organization does some really cool work in Iraq. Due to a number of factors, many Iraqi children are in need of heart surgeries. The
PLC provides funding so that the children can get the help that they need. The goal of the Baylor students was to raise awareness and even funding for the organization. To do this, they created 3,000 pinwheels to be placed on Baylor's campus the Monday before Thanksgiving. Currently, 3,000 children are waiting for heart surgeries, and they are so sick that they can't even blow a pinwheel. I jumped on board when I found out that I could help, so I made several pinwheels. Needless to say, a number of Baylor students and even people in the community learned more about the organization and the need in Iraq as a result of the girls' hard work.

1 comment:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Post a Comment