Hmmm...so obviously I have been absent from the blogging world for quite a while, but I think I had a valid excuse. On January 26, 2009, my dad went to be with the Lord. Even though he had been fighting cancer for almost two years, his departure was more unexpected than I can express. I was so close to my dad...we did everything together, and I am so much like him. Life has been incredibly hard without him here to share in the ups and downs, but I guess the point is that life goes on. The one constant thing I have learned through all of this is that I am not alone, and I am still loved unconditionally by the One who will never leave me nor forsake me. God has been my refuge and strength, and I am so thankful for the comfort He has provided.
I debated for some time about whether I would continue with the blog, but since my dad actually came up with the name for it and was one of the few people who followed it, I think I will try and keep up with it again. The last six months of my life have definitely been crazy - a number of life changing events have occurred with respect to career choices, family events, and my approaching graduation! So, for the two people I know who actually read my blog :), check back for a more constant update on what's happening in my life.
1 comment:
Ashley, it was great to see you at North Side this past week. I enjoy coming to your blog and reading! Glad you have decided to keep it up!
Love,
Rachel Wagner : )
Post a Comment