Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reflections on Easter

I worked 75 hours this week...which still sounds absolutely crazy. Because of the intense work schedule I've been keeping, I feel like I've been going through the motions and have totally missed the past couple of months. Obviously, I am physically spent, but I'm also mentally and spiritually exhausted. For that reason, I wanted to take a few moments to sit down, take a deep breath, and reflect on the holiday that celebrates my reason for living.


Since I accepted Christ, I have proclaimed to be sold out to him. I gave my life to him, and I have tried to let Him direct my path. My life would have no meaning at all if Jesus had not risen from the dead. But, He did. God sent His Son to Earth, and then he died. But, on the third day, Jesus rose from the grave. Through his sacrifice, my sins are forgiven, and I have hope for tomorrow. My very reason for living is rooted in the Resurrection.

More than that though, the sacrifice of Christ gives me hope that I will see my dad again. I can't explain why that means so much to me, but I still feel like my time with him was so short. I hate the fact that I didn't get to say good-bye, that I didn't know what was coming. I so wish that he were still here and that he could have been a part of all that has happened over the past year. It's more than just the big events - birthdays, holidays, and graduations, it's the little things too - discussions about sports, work, choices, God, and life in general. He was so wise, and I know my life would be enriched if he were still here. The bottom line is that I lost part of myself when he died. For a long time, I didn't what the point of living was anymore. But, now I know again. My reason for living, for existing, is to bring glory to God. I don't know what that means or looks like, but I'm not interested in understanding everything anymore. I trust in the Lord, and He will direct my paths.


So, this Easter, I am celebrating the truth that my Savior lives and that he has blessed me with a hope and purpose for living. I pray the same for all those around me.

No comments: