The next morning, after walking in the very rainy March for Babies, I drove to Waco to spend time with my dearest friends. I went straight to Chelsea's, and we ran errands and got caught up on life! We hadn't seen each other in two months, so there was a lot to talk about! Ashley met us around five, and we went to Ninfa's for birthday dinner! So yummy, and it was great to eat at a Waco staple. After dinner, we went back to Chelsea's and watched a movie. Although the movie was definitely not the greatest, it was so nice to just relax with my friends. After a little SNL, I went back to Ashley's apartment to spend the night. Of course, we had to stay up until 2am talking...but it was so worth it! I was so excited to go to Woodway the next morning, and I finally got to meet Adele! I had only seen pictures up until that point, so I was definitely ready to meet her. All I can say is that she is absolutely beautiful and precious! I can't wait to watch her grow over the years. College hour was amazing, and it was so nice to chat with all of my Baylor friends! I feel so at home every time I visit. Sunday happened to be the birthday of a friend of ours, so a huge group went to lunch at Mama Baris, another favorite eatery! The fellowship at lunch was great, and I really enjoyed myself. After lunch, I went over to Chelsea's and we went for a walk. All too soon, I had to hit the road so I could get back and be fresh for work the next day. All in all, my birthday was such a blessed event! I am so thankful for my friends.
Chelsea knew that I was settling into my new apartment, so she gave me a beautiful "Home" sign for my birthday. It's already hanging up, and I love to see it when I walk through the door! Here's a pic:
Ashley gave me a set of super cute mixing bowls, some adorable note cards, and the new Passion CD. Oh my goodness, I cannot even express how much I love the CD! I had heard some of the songs at Woodway, but every selection on the CD is incredibly moving. It's so easy to worship in the car when you're listening to powerful songs like that. I highly recommend the CD:

I am so incredibly blessed to have amazing friends and family in my life! God has truly given me more than I could ever ask for. Thanks for helping me have an amazing birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment