On May 1, two of my closest friends finally got married!!! They got engaged in April 2009, so they waited over a year for their day to come. Will was my neighbor and study buddy at Baylor...I give him a lot of the credit for helping me get through the MTax/BBA program. I met Emily in the BEST class during my last year at Baylor. She has such a sweet spirit, and I really enjoyed sitting beside her in class. They are a couple that is truly meant to be together. I hadn't seen them in several months, so I was so excited to travel to The Woodlands for their wedding!
I drove down Saturday morning and met Will for lunch. I had a great time sharing work stories and learning that life as a Tax Accountant is very similar regardless of the firm you work for. After lunch, I headed to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. Two girls from the MTax program graciously allowed me to share their hotel room; they are actually both going to start at EY in July, so it was great to fill them in on life at the firm. The wedding started at 6:00, so we headed to the chapel around 5:30. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Emily looked gorgeous, and I was almost bursting with happiness for my two friends. Before we knew it, they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Byrd!
The reception was held at the country club across town. I have to say that I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did that night. One of the highlights was hitting the dance floor with my friends. Now, those who know me realize that I had never danced before in my life! Even so, with such a great band playing familiar songs, it was easy to break down and just have fun! Will and Emily stayed until 11:30, so I think they were enjoying themselves too!


I am SO thankful that I was able to go to the wedding! I'm very blessed to have Will and Emily in my life, and I am thrilled that they are now husband and wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment