Monday, July 5, 2010

Pics of my New Place...Finally!!!

I am well aware that this post is long overdue, but I literally just finished hanging the last few pieces on the walls this morning! I finally feel like my apartment is a home; it has changed so much since I moved in three months ago. I so enjoy living on my own - this truly is an exciting stage of life! Here are some pictures...I took them when a storm was coming, so sorry that it's kind of dark!


This is the entryway when you first walk in. I love the little nook!



This is my bedroom, immediately to the left when you walk in the front door.


My mom brought the beautiful "Faith" picture back from Ruidosa, and the two pictures on the right are golf pictures that hung in my dad's office at work. It's hard to see, but the far right corner is just a table with pictures of all my friends and family!


I love to read, and I can't wait to be done with the CPA exam so I can reread some of these wonderful novels! I am proud to say that I put the bookshelves together myself. Guess I can be kind of handy when I need to be! :)


My bathroom...


The hallway from the front door to the living room. My mom brought these back from Ruidosa too; I love the verses on them - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart" and "A friend loves at all times."

My kitchen...I'm slowly learning how to cook and bake, but I have a very long way to go.

My living room. The furniture was my first big investment as a young professional!
Love the design on the chair, and the color is so unique!

My new TV and entertainment center; I also built this piece!
This is what I call my "nook" - where I settle in to read or play the keyboard.

My washer and dryer; I never dreamed I'd finally be able to do my own laundry. Parents: teach your kids early! They'll have to learn eventually...

As I said before, I love my apartment. It's so nice to have comfortable places to study (although there are lots of distractions too)! If you're ever in Fort Worth and need a place to stay, give me a call! I love having company! I hope you've enjoyed this small peek into my new life!

2 comments:

Cross Family said...

LOVE it!!! it's so cute!! you've done amazing at decorating too. can't wait to see it!!!

Love, The Neills said...

Looks great Ash! Love the new wall decor :)