Friday, September 17, 2010

Is it really almost Fall?

Wow! I cannot believe how swiftly the summer months passed. Between vacation, studying for the CPA exam, and working ridiculous hours, these past few months have been a blur. A few highlights:


In late July, I took the Audit portion of the CPA exam. I found out a few weeks ago that I passed! Then, in late August, I took the Regulation portion of the exam. I should find out my score this week. If I passed that portion of the test, then I will be done! All that will remain for me to be licensed will be to pass a short ethics exam. I'm so ready for all of this hard work to pay off!


Right after I took the Audit test, I went to Corpus Christi on vacation with my Waco family. We had so much fun spending time on the beach and just relaxing together. I so enjoyed spending time with them, and it was really hard to head back to Fort Worth after we returned.


In August, I joined the church I've been attending in Fort Worth, Travis Avenue Baptist Church. I started going there in April, and I am so excited to officially be a member and begin serving in various capacities. Much to my surprise, I was asked to serve only a week and a half after I joined! More to come on that in later posts.


Two weeks ago, I got to have dinner with my extended family for Mandy's birthday. I hadn't seen Mandy, Logan, or the boys since my visit in June, so I was so thankful to visit with them! Caleb has grown so much; I barely recognized him! He was such a content little guy. Weston has also grown so much! I can't believe he's already 2 1/2! Melody, Greg, and the girls came to dinner too, as well as my aunt and uncle. I feel so close to all of them, and I am so thankful that they included me! I miss them all so much, but hopefully I'll be able to see Melody and the girls more often now that I'm (hopefully) done with my test!


This past Tuesday, I attended Bible Study Fellowship for the first time. It was such a neat experience. The study this year is going to be over Isaiah, and I just really love the format. I'm so looking forward to making new friends and diving deeper into God's word together.

Well, I guess the only topic I haven't really mentioned is the one that has been consuming my life. Because September 15 is a huge deadline for business tax returns, the amount of work I was responsible for was ridiculous. I worked crazy hours for about two months, including late nights, weekends, and until 3:30am on 9/15. I just struggled so much during this time because I don't feel like work should consume my life. I absolutely feel like I was called by God to serve in this profession, even to work at this company. I just think it's a problem when I'm working so much that I don't have time to do laundry or go to the grocery store. I want to grow in my relationship with Christ. I want to be able to serve my church and my community. I want to be able to spend time with friends and build relationships. Those are the things that matter most in life. My hope is that work will greatly improve and be reasonable over the next few months, and these other goals will become priorities again. I guess only time will tell. I am just so thankful to have had a wonderful time of rest over the past few days and the opportunity to hang out with my amazing friends. No matter how hard life seems to get, I am SO very blessed.

I've definitely had a busy few months, but I am looking forward with great anticipation to Autumn and the exciting times that await!

No comments: