Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Years

Today marks one of those days that I'm just not sure how to approach. Simply because I knew this day was getting closer, I've been much more emotional than I have been in a long time. On some days, it seems like just yesterday that the Lord called my dad home, but on other days it seems like I've survived an eternity without him. Two years is definitely a long time, but the memories are still so fresh. Lately, it has been so hard with work. I obviously followed in my dad's footsteps in my choice of profession, so I'm sad that I can't talk to him about various situations I encounter. I know he would have had so much wisdom to offer. I also wish he could see how Justin and I have grown and changed. Our personalities are so different than they were just two years ago! I'm not trying to be all "woe is me;" I'm just beginning to realize that my whole life is going to be filled with moments when I have to pause and think, "I wish he were here."


Through all this, I'm so incredibly thankful that I am able to lean on the Lord for comfort. He loves me so much; I never cease to be amazed by what He has done in my life. Even though I will never understand why He took my dad home before I was ready, I choose to trust in Him and know that His ways are the absolute best, no questions asked. During the time that my dad was sick, God revealed a very powerful truth to me - He loved my dad so much more than I ever could. My dad was my world...literally. I was his little girl, and I adored him. Even so, the love I tried to show him could not even compare to what the Lord had for him. Knowing that truth has made the pain a little easier to bear. I was so blessed to have 20 amazing years with my dad, and I thank God that they were filled with so many wonderful memories.


My dad's death has caused my relationship with God to deepen substantially. I am totally sold out to the Lord, and I pray that my life somehow brings glory to His name. As my dad quoted from Psalm 150:6, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Well Dad, I hope that I am following your example and pointing others to the Lord through my words and actions. I love you and miss you so much!


No comments: