Monday, September 19, 2011

The Last Few Months

Wow, is it already September?! I can't believe how quickly the past few months have passed. I also can't believe I haven't blogged since April. Oops! After being on the computer at work every day, it is just hard for me to get back online at home. Hopefully I can be more consistent this Fall (although I've definitely said that before)!

There is no way that I can sum up the past few months and all that occurred. Between vacations, trips to see friends and family, and of course deadlines at work, I stayed quite busy! I had a wonderful summer, but I have to confess that I am very much looking forward to the coming weeks for several reasons:


  • College Football!!! I cannot even begin to describe how overjoyed I am that the college football season has started again! For some reason, I enjoy watching any game, even if my beloved Baylor Bears aren't in the mix! However, this season, I have even more reasons to be excited. Over the summer, Baylor had a special deal on season football tickets that I simply couldn't pass up. Even better - my Waco family decided to buy some too! So, on September 2nd, I was in Waco for the Baylor vs. TCU game. Oh my goodness....talk about drama!!! I have never been through so many emotions in a single game. After giving up a 24 point lead, I felt positively sick. But after regaining the lead and forcing a TCU turnover with two seconds left to win the game, I was SO excited!!!! I could not stop jumping up and down. Talk about an incredible way to start the season - knocking off #14 in the nation. I was also able to go down this past Saturday and watch Baylor beat Stephen F. Austin to move to 2-0 on the season. I'm looking forward to attending this week's game against Rice; hopefully we can be 3-0 going into Big 12 play!


  • A2C Groups: Over the summer, I was thankful to have a break from A2C groups. I absolutely love the fellowship that these groups provide, but having a spotless apartment every week was becoming a challenge. However, I am all rested up and took off last Friday to completely clean my apartment! We actually had the A2C kickoff last night, and the turnout was incredible. We might have to start a fourth group very soon, because 18 people expressed interest in coming to the group that will meet at my apartment. I am so looking forward to getting to know these people and building amazing relationships. I'm also excited about the accountability that this group will bring. We'll see how our first meeting on Sunday goes!


  • Gorgeous Autumn weather: Last week, we finally had a wondrous week of cooler temperatures. It felt amazing! I'm looking forward to the leaves changing and the permanent arrival of Fall weather.


  • End of Busy Season: Although the official end of the Fall busy season is not for another four weeks, things have already started slowing down. I'm excited to have my evenings and weekends back and to not have work consuming my life. Most of the time, I enjoy the work that I do, but now is one of those times that I'm on the edge of burnout. Hopefully, things will slow down and I'll be able to catch a breather.

Obviously, I have a lot to look forward to! I'm anxious to see how everything turns out and what new relationships I am able to form. Best of all, I am looking forward to my visits to Waco for another reason - visiting the adorable Carter Lynn Pershall. Carter was born in July, and she is so gorgeous! I am totally captivated by her. Her mom Chelsea is one of my dearest friends, and I feel so blessed to be an honorary aunt to Carter! I'm so thankful that I have an excuse to head to Waco every few weeks and watch her grow. Hopefully my trips to Waco will stay consistent even after the season ends (I think they will)!


So, that's me! We'll see if I can keep this up a little more frequently!

No comments: