Last Monday, August 24, 2009, was my last first day of school!!! I am so excited about graduating in December, so I was kind of ready for the semester to get going. Of course, I managed to make it my most interesting first day ever. I am only taking nine hours this semester so that hopefully I can sit for the CPA exam this fall. When I left Monday morning, I was prepared for my one Monday class at 12:30. I had lunch with my old roommate and made it to class just in time. After class, I stayed a few minutes to schedule a meeting with the members of my group. As we compared class schedules though, I was surprised to learn that they had one of the classes that I was taking but directly after the one we were in. My class wasn't supposed to meet until Tuesday/Thursday. I noticed that a number of students had hung back for the next class, so I asked my good friend if he had another class that day. When he answered yes, I entered into panic mode because I knew that we had the same schedule. I literally ran to the third floor to check my schedule, saw that I did indeed have class in
FIVE minutes, ran to the computer lab to print off the powerpoint, and breezed into my second class at 2:00 on the dot!!! How on earth I managed to mix up the days of one of my classes, I still don't know. I am just so thankful that I didn't take off after my first class ended; I would have never known! Anyway, my first day of the semester was certainly interesting and a little dramatic too.
Since I started school, my mom has taken a first day of school picture every year. Even while in college, I have continued the tradition by asking my roommates to take a quick one. Cheesy, I know, but now my scrapbook will have a first day of school picture from every year of school! Here's this year's:

Can't believe this is it for school, but at the same time I am thrilled beyond words. I'm ready for a new chapter and a fresh start to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment