I arrived home late on Friday night, so first thing Saturday morning I woke up and went to check out the house. They were very busy while I was gone! The garage door, front door, and windows were installed, and they started adding insulation inside the house.
The next week, they had added tape and bedding, and were working on the brick!
Three days later, I went by and found them working on the front of the house, and my house number was up!
I waited three more days, and on May 17th, I found the house looking like an actual house!!!
At this point, I clearly had developed a pattern of going by every three days. On my next visit, I discovered cabinets, interior doors, and painted walls! They also were preparing for the driveway to be poured.
Master bathroom:
Study:
Kitchen:
By this point, I was in major packing zone. Granted, I was moving out of a one-bedroom apartment, but I still had managed to accumulate a lot of stuff in the three years I lived there! It got to the point where I had so many boxes stacked in the hallway that I couldn't move around, or stack any more packed boxes. My mom was gracious enough to let me store the boxes I'd packed in my old room at her house, so I took a load over that week.
I spent most of the following weekend (Memorial Day weekend) packing! I wanted to get as much done since we had both Friday and Monday off of work. I'd say I was extremely productive, and it felt good knowing I had taken care of so much.
On my next visit, the kitchen island had been installed! This was one of the "extras" I opted for - adding length to the kitchen island, and I'm so thankful I did. It fits perfectly, and I also use the space SO much!
My next visit fell on May 27th. Countertops were in!
May 29th - flooring!
Kitchen tile:
Bathroom vinyl:
Entry way tile:
And on May 31st, the fireplace, ceiling fans, fixtures, sinks, shower, baths, toilets, bathroom cabinets, and driveway were ALL done! Considering the completion/closing date was just a few weeks away, I shouldn't have been surprised, but isn't it incredible how much changed from May 1st to May 31st???
So exciting! Getting so close to being finished!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment